Oral Board Products -- Provide Feedback Here!

Wizard of OQ
Creator of Worlds

This thread is here so that you can provide critical feedback to improve our Oral Board Products!  Don't be shy!  We will take all feedback seriously and work hard to improve our Oral Board Prep Course for you!

Take care,
-WOQ
#1 03/11/2019 at 11:16 PM

Wizard of OQ
This thread is here so that you can provide critical feedback to improve our Oral Board Products!  Don't be shy!  We will take all feedback seriously and work hard to improve our Oral Board Prep Course for you!

Take care,
-WOQ
Dear OQ team, 
the project is very exciting and helpful for exam preparation. My feedback after two weeks:

Pros: Great idea and concept. Very good questions and answers in terms of content and methodology.

Cons: Very poor recording quality and mumbling speakers in many videos. Very high price compared to a case book. So far not enough videos.

As an early adopter I don't regret my subscription, even though it was very expensive. Finally I ask for many more videos and above all an improved voice quality.  

Thank you and keep going!

#2 03/23/2019 at 05:40 PM
Wizard of OQ
Creator of Worlds

AlbertJerome
Dear OQ team, 
the project is very exciting and helpful for exam preparation. My feedback after two weeks:

Pros: Great idea and concept. Very good questions and answers in terms of content and methodology.

Cons: Very poor recording quality and mumbling speakers in many videos. Very high price compared to a case book. So far not enough videos.

As an early adopter I don't regret my subscription, even though it was very expensive. Finally I ask for many more videos and above all an improved voice quality.  

Thank you and keep going!

Thanks for the feedback!  We'll keep improving the sound quality and add more scripts.  Take care!

Btw, we always find it interesting that people pay >2k to attend the "other" Oral boards course out there (i.e. tuition + airfare + hotel, etc) :-)
#3 03/23/2019 at 05:44 PM

Wizard of OQ
Thanks for the feedback!  We'll keep improving the sound quality and add more scripts.  Take care!

Btw, we always find it interesting that people pay >2k to attend the "other" Oral boards course out there (i.e. tuition + airfare + hotel, etc) :-)
Do not underestimate the learning effect of a live and interactive course. Your online course is a great addition, but something else.

Nevertheless, I wish you a nice and learning Saturday evening and look forward to more scripts!

#4 03/23/2019 at 06:16 PM

Dear OQ team, it's fun to learn with the videos :). Slowly I'm running out of videos!  When will there be new episodes again?
#5 05/16/2019 at 06:25 PM
Wizard of OQ
Creator of Worlds

AlbertJerome
Dear OQ team, it's fun to learn with the videos :). Slowly I'm running out of videos!  When will there be new episodes again?
We will get on the ball!  Thanks for the positive feedback.
#6 05/17/2019 at 03:10 AM
Anonymous

I just bought the subscription for the videos, and I see that there are flashcards and questions, but I've been unable to view a sample to see if it's worth it to get the the add-ons. Can you please explain how they would help, and why these questions would be more helpful than the normal OQ q bank. Thanks!
#7 05/20/2019 at 03:11 AM
Wizard of OQ
Creator of Worlds

I just bought the subscription for the videos, and I see that there are flashcards and questions, but I've been unable to view a sample to see if it's worth it to get the the add-ons. Can you please explain how they would help, and why these questions would be more helpful than the normal OQ q bank. Thanks!
The Flashcards are definitely a good "bullet-fast" review of high-yield cases.  There are also >200 of them.
The Questions are there mainly just for general knowledge review.  In my humble opinion, the Videos + Flashcards are essential.  The Questions are only there if you need them for just general knowledge.
#8 05/20/2019 at 03:42 AM
Anonymous

I just passed the oral boards and literally couldn't have done it without your incredible products! The flashcards are incredibly helpful to study inbetween seeing patients (on my phone) or when I had some free time on the weekends. Similarly, the videos were very helpful to listen to as I was going to/from work. Reinforcing a consistent structure - with key details for each part - was so important. And I could use the scripts from the videos and flashcards to practice out loud on my own. I didn't want to spend tons of money on doing a course right before the test (seemed too stressful, and too expensive for just a few days!) -- this helped me pace myself along the way, and to gain the confidence that I was preparing in the right way to pass. Will strongly recommend this to all prospective oral boards takers.
#9 06/30/2019 at 07:47 PM
Anonymous

I find the videos very helpful however there are so many pronunciation errors that it is a little distracting. The individuals reading the scripts are consistently mispronouncing even the most basic terminology. I.e. Q-I-D is read as "quid" and retinopathy is pronounced retin-o-pathy. Maybe just my pet peeve but it makes some of the videos come off as unprofessional.

Thank you still for putting these together, they are overall very helpful, just wanted to give this insight to aid in the creation of future videos.
#10 02/01/2020 at 08:34 PM
Wizard of OQ
Creator of Worlds

I find the videos very helpful however there are so many pronunciation errors that it is a little distracting. The individuals reading the scripts are consistently mispronouncing even the most basic terminology. I.e. Q-I-D is read as "quid" and retinopathy is pronounced retin-o-pathy. Maybe just my pet peeve but it makes some of the videos come off as unprofessional.

Thank you still for putting these together, they are overall very helpful, just wanted to give this insight to aid in the creation of future videos.
Do you mind leaving specific feedback on the specific Videos themselves?  That will make it easier for us to correct the pronunciation.  Thanks!
#11 02/01/2020 at 09:21 PM

Wizard of OQ
Do you mind leaving specific feedback on the specific Videos themselves?  That will make it easier for us to correct the pronunciation.  Thanks!
Will do, thank you!
#12 02/02/2020 at 08:54 PM
Blood N Thunder
Ophthalmologist to the Stars!!

Texas
Are the questions in the "Oral Board Qbank" pulled from the OKAP/WQE Ophthoquestions Q bank.  I have a subscription of the written boards Ophthoquestions portion with premium question package.  I am wondering if it is worth also buying the Oral Board course questions when the time comes or if it is more of the same?  I apologize in advance if this question has already been addressed in another thread.
#13 07/21/2020 at 05:11 PM
Wizard of OQ
Creator of Worlds

Blood N Thunder
Are the questions in the "Oral Board Qbank" pulled from the OKAP/WQE Ophthoquestions Q bank.  I have a subscription of the written boards Ophthoquestions portion with premium question package.  I am wondering if it is worth also buying the Oral Board course questions when the time comes or if it is more of the same?  I apologize in advance if this question has already been addressed in another thread.
If you already have an active written board subscription, I would not purchase the Oral Boards questions as well.  Take care.
#14 07/21/2020 at 09:56 PM
Anonymous

The course is too expensive 
#15 01/10/2022 at 05:38 AM
HK1

Dubai
What is the difference, if any, between the 2089 questions in the "Review Questions (Addon) in Oral Boards" and the >3400 questions from "Ophthalmology Questions" ?
#16 04/27/2022 at 06:18 AM
HK1

Dubai
Is there an app on iOS for Oral Boards?  This would be helpful for the Flashcard component for Oral Boards.  Please let me know
#17 04/27/2022 at 06:21 AM
jd22
Ophtho Resident

UNC
I agree. Would be nice if the app included oral board prep. I used the app a lot for ophthoquestions when preparing for the WQE. Would be nice to do something similar with flashcards etc on the app. 
#18 01/08/2023 at 02:35 PM
Wizard of OQ
Creator of Worlds

jd22
I agree. Would be nice if the app included oral board prep. I used the app a lot for ophthoquestions when preparing for the WQE. Would be nice to do something similar with flashcards etc on the app. 
Yes agreed.  Reasonably-priced app developers are very hard to find unfortunately.
#19 01/12/2023 at 11:55 PM
You need to log in as a registered user to post messages.