Esh
Hi 
Can I get some guidance to be successful in part 2 written exams 
I am doing ophthoquestions and kanski
I feel it’s not enough 
As I was not successful in exams twice already 
Please guide 
Hi, 
Thank you for getting in touch with us and sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with the exam. The part II FRCOphth exam has a high standard and is, therefore, a tough nut to crack. There have been cases of individuals sitting the exam up to 7 times so please don't feel disheartened. 

This is what I would recommend:

• If you have not done so already, carefully read the following guidelines:
  • https://www.ophthoquestions.com/posts/10-step-guide-to-the-frcophth-part-2-written-exam
  • Make sure you analyse the breakdown of your results carefully and focus your energy on the areas you are underperforming in. The exam report should give you a summary of your marks in various sections such as cornea, neuro, basic science etc. I would recommend using the AAO series in ophthalmology in the areas where you are not performing to a level comparable to your peers.
  • The Oxford handbook is an excellent tool to be used for revising for the exam as well. 
  • Apply for study leave. You are entitled to study leave if you are part of the training programme and this will help your preparation in the days leading up to the exam. 

Best of luck!
#2 09/14/2018 at 10:54 PM

quite a lot of discrepancy between OHB and OQ.
which one should i follow (for exam purpose)?
#3 03/10/2019 at 08:15 PM
Anonymous

Hi just wondering how many of u guys use ophthoques to study for FRCOphth part 1 exam. Is the syllabus/type of questions consistent with the exam format?

#4 12/05/2020 at 04:44 PM
You need to log in as a registered user to post messages.